Since the weather has been so beautiful and spring-like here, I decided it best to start the day (and this post) off with something pretty. Plus, I’m feeling better so my outlook is a little more rosy.
This is actually the first day in almost two weeks I’ve actually felt like myself. I’m still coughing up crap, but I have a little bit of energy, I don’t feel like I want to just flop back into bed, and my extreme self reflection seems to have returned. I’m not sure I’ll be returning to the gym just yet…probably not the greatest plan to go back to a cardio workout when I’m not 100% sure my lungs can handle it yet, but Jim and I did a bit of walking this weekend and boy did it feel good!
Probably one of the best things about spending an extended period of time horizontal is that you have nothing but time to think. I’m a thinker anyway. My brain just doesn’t ever stop. So given the time to think without interruptions, my brain went a little haywire. Which is a good thing, I think, because I’ve made a few decisions about my day to day life.
1. I like the whole “mostly vegan” way of eating. I feel best when I don’t include dairy in my diet. But I don’t want to be so stressed about it that I can’t enjoy things like mac and cheese every once in a while when a craving hits.While I was spending so much time horizontal, I ordered a few new cookbooks, so I have some new material even!
So excited to start trying some of these recipes!
2. I need to spend more time with friends. I realized recently that I have a few friends who are parts of couples, and Jim and I don’t really hang out with other couples, but we want to. And it’s just a matter of making it happen, right? Spending time with friends is one of the single toughest things for me to do because it requires I actually MAKE THE TIME. If I don’t think about it, I keep on going with my day to day crazy life. I have to make a point of sitting down, carving out some time and making a plan!
3. I want to exercise in the morning. This one is, of course, easier said than done. I’m in no way a morning person. But when I DO workout in the morning, I feel better all day long. It’s just so hard for me to wake up and the last thing I want to do when I’m feeling sluggish and groggy is elevate my heart rate and work my muscles. This is my biggest challenge.
4. I need to get out of the house. Sounds easy, right? But I don’t like where I live. It’s not pretty. So I have to make an effort to spend time in beautiful places. I feel so inspired to take photos and yet nothing pretty to take them of. So I have to make that work.
5. I need to start doing what makes me happy. This one is a work in progress because what makes me happy isn’t going to pay the bills right now, and with my income being the only income, I can’t really mess with it at the moment. But I’m taking steps toward doing what I want to do. I got my business cards in, my website is up and running and I’m collecting ideas and inspiration and shooting locations so I’m prepared when the time is right!
6. I want to try new things. I feel like my world is small, and while I can’t change my physical location right now, I can change what I do within it. Jim and I have made a deal to try two new things every month. He will choose one, and I will choose one. It should get us out of the house and expose us to new and exciting experiences. I can’t wait!
That’s pretty much the gist of it. I find that if I don’t stop myself, my head gets too full and then I get stressed because I can’t possibly accomplish all the things swirling around in there at once. I’m learning to write them down and pace myself!
I hope everyone is having a lovely week and enjoying this weather as much as I am!