It’s a ten things kind of day. This week the world seems to be crumbling around me. On Tuesday, Jim left his job. His boss is verbally abusive, pays less than minimum wage (he pays book time, which is 26 an hour for Jim…except he works on average 12 hours a day, but only like 20 a week book time…it’s complicated and makes me mad, so I’m done talking about it), and just told Jim to “F” off one too many times. I came into work this morning to a computer that didn’t work and a brother getting on my case about leaving early for an appointment yesterday (by the way, I didn’t take a lunch to compensate, but does he pay attention to that? No.). And those are just the highlights of a really lousy week.
So I need a dose of gratitude. Enter 10 things to be happy about. I’ll be happy if I can come up with six today!
1. I have my favorite graham crackers today. These things are to-die-for. I brought the remains of a jar of peanut butter with me today for them.
2. It’s Friday. And this hellacious week is over.
3. When I get home, my husband will be there. The plus side to him losing his job, I get to see him more.
4. We’re going to a party tomorrow! I told you about that one last week…in Reno. Our largest customer does an “employee appreciation” party every January. We’re there for “vendor appreciation.”
5. I just ordered my business cards! They’ll look a little something like this:
6. I’m getting my nails done with my mom after work.
7. I am so in love with my new water bottle! Mine is a prettier blue and white, though.
8. I got my eyebrows waxed this week (my lovely mother-in-law does them for me. She’s an esthetician), and I’m proud to say I no longer look like a bushman.
9. I just found out my brother-in-law and his wife are having a baby boy in June!
10. My husband has dinner in the crock pot. I bet it’s going to be a “compromise” meal, but I don’t have to cook it!